God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
Cities of Refuge
In the Old Testament, God arranged for 6 cities to be built in various locations and maintained by the priests. They were called Cities of Refuge.
Their specific purpose was to provide safety for anyone accused of a horrible crime. If the accused could make it inside the gates of a City of Refuge, they would receive a fair trial. More importantly, they would be protected from the vengeance of their accuser.
We understand the harsh reality that we are all horribly guilty of sin and desperately need the grace of God for salvation. But Jesus paid the price for all who are accused to find safety from the accuser. When we find our refuge in Jesus, He washes away every sin.
Refuge Church of Seattle exists for everyone who is in need of a place of refuge, where in the face of Jesus’ sacrifice, our accuser stands silent.
Refuge Church Seattle
The Refuge is a new multicultural church plant right in the heart of Seattle. We launched our first services mid 2014, in the Belltown Community Center on 5th Avenue.
For two years we had services there, in a small room right under the monorail. Today, we’re in our own facility right around the corner at 2312 4th Avenue.
Our One Purpose: To preach the Gospel to every person; sharing the redemption and safety found only in Jesus.
We do not blindly follow rituals but rather are driven to service in the Kingdom of God because of the amazing grace each and every one of us have received through Jesus.
- If you have never felt the weight of your sins lifted off your shoulders, the Refuge is the church for you.
- If you have never felt the safety and protection of Jesus on your life, the Refuge is the church for you.
- If you are tired of dead, old, ritualistic religion, the Refuge is the church for you.
- If you want a place where you can experience the loving mercies of Jesus, the Refuge is the church for you.
- If you’re looking for a place that practices Biblical teaching rather than doctrines of men, the Refuge is the church for you.
Jesus Christ offers hope, redemption, restoration, and salvation to our entire city.
We invite you to join us share the unchanging, life-altering Gospel with the city of Seattle.